By MACROS | Published on June 23, 2017
A Middle Eastern dessert, halva is usually made from nut butter, tahini and sugar or honey. It can come in big chunky blocks and eaten like cake or spread on toast.
500g coconut yoghurt
3 tbsp. date syrup
1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1⁄2 tsp. mixed spice
1 tbsp. vanilla extract or bean paste
100g dried cherries & strawberries
150g pomegranate seeds
25g cacao nibs
50g raw pistachios, roughly chopped, plus a few extra for scattering over serving plates
50g halva, chopped
2tbsp. desiccated coconut
1. Grease a 20cm Square Baking Tin and line with parchment.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla. Gently stir in the dried fruits, halva, pomegranate seeds, pistachios (leave some to sprinkle), cacao nibs and mix until everything is combined.
3. Pour the mixture into the tin, spreading it out evenly, making sure the fillings are evenly distributed. Sprinkle the chopped pistachios over the surface.
4. Cover with cling film and place in the freezer overnight or until required (at least 4 hours to set).
5. To serve, break the bark and scatter a few more chopped pistachios over the top and serve immediately.
– READ MORE: Coconut Key Lime Protein Crispy Treats Recipe –