By MACROS | Published on May 7, 2017
Gluten-free expert and founder of food tech gluten-free dinner delivery service, Dinnergise, Nicola Myers, has put together some delicious coeliac-friendly dishes that are perfect for your meal prepping.
First up, pesto pasta with mixed cherry tomatoes.
526 calories | 16.8g carbohydrate | 6.2g sugar | 38g fat | 11.7g fiber | 28.1g protein | 0.4g salt
200g uncooked soya bean pasta
600g mixed cherry tomatoes
40g grated parmesan
Salt to taste
For the pesto:
115ml olive oil
40g basil leaves
20g pine nuts
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 small garlic clove
Salt to taste
1. Bring a pot of slightly salted water to the boil. Once the water is boiling, cook the pasta for 6-8 minutes. Drain in a colander, run under cool water and leave to dry.
2. To make the pesto, place the basil, pine nuts, parmesan, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor and switch to the low setting. Slowly add the olive oil making sure it is well blended. Season with salt.
3. Wash and slice the mixed cherry tomatoes in half. Toss in a small amount of olive oil and salt.
4. Toss the pasta and pesto together so that it is evenly coated.
5. To serve: Place the pasta pesto in a bowl, top with the cherry tomatoes, grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves.
Based in the UK? Find out more about Dinnergise, which launches May 15th 2017.
For more recipes, sign up to the MACROS newsletter.