By Derek Howes | Published on September 15, 2017
Matcha literally translates from Japanese to “powdered tea” and comes from green tea leaves. It can help provide a much-needed energy boost, help restore a natural sense of calm and is bursting with anti-oxidants.
It’s got quite a trendy reputation these days but that doesn’t mean matcha recipes have to be complicated. This matcha green tea mug cake recipe is quite literally made and eaten in a mug. Simples!
1 large whole egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons (14g) coconut flour
1/2 scoop (15g) The Protein Chef protein powder
1 ounce milk (or milk substitute)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
*optional 1 tablespoon sweetener
1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
What to do
1. Coat a mug with some non-stick cooking spray.
2. Add and mix all of your ingredients together in it.
3. Microwave your mug for 30 seconds and then mix everything together again.
4. Microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes (keep an eye on it for exact time).
– READ MORE: Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Balls Recipe –
Accredited personal trainer and chef Derek Howes is also known as The Protein Chef.