By Derek Howes | Published on June 11, 2017
Quick, delicious and packed with protein, you couldn’t ask for a smarter weight loss dinner than these meatballs from accredited personal trainer and chef, Derek Howes aka The Protein Chef, that’ll seem impossibly good for you.
6 large eggs
1 pound (450g) lean ground beef or turkey
1 tablespoons parsley
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 cup (40g) grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup (56g) almond flour
1 large whole egg
1 large egg white
2 teaspoons minced garlic
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup (30ml) water
3/4 cup marinara sauce reduced fat mozzarella
What to do
1. Add all of your ingredients aside from your marinara and mozzarella in a bowl and mix together.
2. Take out a pan, place some parchment paper on it for each clean up, and shape your meatballs however big you want them.
3. Bake them on 350F/176C for 20 minutes.
4. Place your cooked meatballs into a small baking dish (so they are somewhat snug) then spoon on your marinara sauce.
5. Place a little Mozzarella cheese on to each meatball.
6. Bake them again on 350F/176C for 15-20 minutes or until your cheese is golden brown.
Accredited personal trainer and chef Derek Howes is also known as The Protein Chef.