By MACROS | Published on October 16, 2017
This dairy-free raw cheesecake is perfect to make the day before you have guests round as it will simply firm up in the freezer overnight.
Rich in hazelnuts – an excellent source of potassium, calcium and magnesium plus vitamins B and E – this chocolatey dessert is sweetened with dates and maple syrup.
This recipe uses Nush cashew milk yoghurt which is made from organic Vietnamese cashews and fermented with vegan yoghurt cultures.
Makes one eight inch cake
15 – 20 minutes prep plus freeze for five hours
For the base:
250g ground hazelnuts
10 Medjool dates, pitted
3 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp raisins
1 tsp vanilla paste
(Any remaining mixture can be used to make energy balls)
For the filling:
1 pot Nush cashew milk or almond milk yoghurt
250g cashews, soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes and drained
120g coconut oil, melted
100g ground hazelnuts
5 tbsp maple syrup (or more, to taste)
6 tbsp cacao (or more, to taste)
70-100ml hazelnut milk
1.5 tsp vanilla paste
Grated raw chocolate on top, if desired
1. To make the base, blend together all ingredients until the mixture starts to clump together. Press into the base of an 8-inch springform cake tin and allow to firm up in the freezer to firm for 20 minutes.
2. To make the filling, blend the ingredients together in a high powered blender until completely smooth and creamy adding a splash more milk if needed.
3. Spoon filling over the set base and place back in the freezer overnight.
4. Remove from the cake tin 15-20 minutes before serving.
5. Serve with grated raw chocolate and top with homemade energy balls if desired.
– READ MORE: Here’s Why We Should Eat More Raw Cacao –